We are looking for volunteers!
We are looking for federal volunteers – one person in Leipzig and one person in Suhl. During a get-to-know-you meeting we could clarify which of the possible tasks you are particularly interested in:
– revise our website, especially publish projects created in workshops
– take care of our social media accounts and preferably play with them more than at the moment
– expand networks to better distribute our publications
– research and contact similar initiatives on a local, national and international level
– attract new target groups for workshops
– possibly help with the opening of own exhibition spaces
– collaborate in workshops and other projects
– and, depending on your own capacities and interests, develop your own projects that fit our themes.
You would help spread personal and especially marginalized perspectives more widely through photography and film. At the same time, it is possible to gain a thorough insight into our work at the intersection of photography, film, socio-culture and political education, and to apply and develop skills in online editing, social media management, distribution, image editing, video editing or layout.
We expect willingness and ability to work generally independently, but also to make regular arrangements and learn new ways of working. Of course, you should be interested in our way of working and have no fear of contact with computers. Our working language is German. Since we also plan international cooperations, a good knowledge of English is of advantage. It is important to us to interact in a way that is critical of discrimination and based on consensus, and therefore also to be prepared to receive – and give – criticism.
Part-time is possible and reasonable for all 27 years and older, otherwise 35 hours are mandatory. We would like to commit ourselves for 6 months at first and possibly extend if both sides want to do so. You could start in August/September at the earliest. The obligatory seminar program can be arranged largely according to your interests.
As monthly pocket money we have planned 250€. If you are receiving Bürgergeld or similar social benefits, you can usually earn this without any deductions and, according to our information, the jobcenter does not urge you to accept other jobs during the time of your voluntary service.
If you are interested, please contact us first by mail, then we can arrange an online or on-site appointment. And feel free to spread the word! You can also find the announcement here on our website.